Czech Republic and Poland - Agriculture
Dr. David Frazier
May 17 - June 2, 2020
AGSD 4390 - Prague Travel (Undergraduate), ACRS 5390 Travel Seminar (Graduate)
The study tour will provide an integrated view of the rich cultural, agricultural, historical, technological, economic, communications and religious nuances of Central Europe. The program includes a weekend trip to Krakow, Poland and an additional weekend for individual/small group excursions.
This course will provide students with a unique international experience emphasizing agricultural and societal issues in post-communist central Europe. Students will be exposed to the history, culture, economy and current issues of the Czech Republic and neighboring countries. The program leaders will use a combination of experience, lectures, discussions, readings, and research to convey the course materials. Students completing the course will:
- Broaden their understanding of agricultural policy
- Discover how international companies operate in different environments
- Learn about the impact of cultural differences on the structure of agriculture and compare central Europe with the U.S.
- Deepen their understanding of the development of civilization and culture and the importance of agriculture development
- Recognize the elements of U.S. culture that have roots in Central Europe, and particularly the Czech Republic
Finally, experiencing a blend of language, history, art, culture and government will internationally and culturally enrich each student.
- AGSD 4390 - Prague Travel (Undergraduate)
- ACR 5385 - Travel Seminar (Graduate)
$1,800 + airfare (purchased by self) APPROXIMATE COST/ MAY BE UPDATED SOON
Does not include tuition and fees
If you are considering applying to a study abroad program and you do not have a valid passport, or your passport will expire within six months past your program end date, please take steps to obtain or renew your passport immediately. Passports can take longer than expected to process, and you may need your passport to apply for visas "If Applicable" well before your program begins. For more information about obtaining and renewing passports visit the U.S. Passports & International Travel
International Education Scholarship
Financial Aid at Tarleton
Check out the Tarleton Study Abroad website for more information