United Kingdom - Nursing in England
Ms. Cheryl Hunter, MSN, RN
May 24th to June 14th, 2020
NURS 4403 - Nursing
This is a study abroad course that examines nursing history, healthcare delivery, nursing practice and nursing education in the United Kingdom as compared to the United States.
Upon successful completion of this course student will be able to:
- Compare and contrast United Kingdom (UK) and United States (US) healthcare.
- Identify Nightingale's historical contributions to nursing practice.
- Identify historical treatments of illness and disease.
- Describe how the course experience afforded the opportunity to integrate Tarleton State University academic curriculum.
- Identify and describe how your Tarleton university experience (any extracurricular activities/events attended and other experiences outside of the classroom) prepared you for what you encountered in this learning environment.
- Describe your own cultural values and biases as they relate to this learning experience.
- Demonstrate the transformative nature of this course by a written reflection of observation and interaction with nurses, faculty, and students.
- Identify specific events from the learning experience that broadened or changed your global view of nursing practice and healthcare.
Does not include tuition and fees
If you are considering applying to a study abroad program and you do not have a valid passport, or your passport will expire within six months past your program end date, please take steps to obtain or renew your passport immediately. Passports can take longer than expected to process, and you may need your passport to apply for visas "If Applicable" well before your program begins. For more information about obtaining and renewing passports visit the U.S. Passports & International Travel
International Education Scholarship
Financial Aid at Tarleton
Check out the Tarleton Study Abroad website for more information